Sunday, August 19, 2018

Norway 2018 - Oslo

Some of my friends who are not on Facebook asked if I could post our trip on my blog. I see I have not used this in over a year! My bad . . .

This is the first leg of our trip, Oslo and scenic train over the mountains to Balestrand on Sognefjord where we will get some much-needed R & R + plenty of time on the water exploring the fjords.

In Oslo we spent our time riding the ferry to the islands, riding buses & trams to see the city, walking our fannies off, and perusing all the important museums & galleries. We spent a fair amount of time at the National Gallery, which has an excellent exhibit of works by famous Norwegian artists, including Edward Munch's 'The Scream'. We found the viking ship & maritime & Kon Tiki museums especially intriguing.







No comments:

Post a Comment