Monday, February 5, 2024

Painting again!

Every February my friend Billie Colson sponsors a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis research at her Independence Gallery in Loveland Colorado.  The Gnomes I painted at Christmas were so much fun, I decided to do a Gnome and Gnomess, following the Rose theme, to donate this year.



I have such wonderful memories, with Jamie, of the Oregon Coast. I promised myself that I would capture favorite subjects & places and hang the series in my new apartment in Livermore CA. These will always bring a smile, often a tear, when I think of the great times Jamie and I had together and wish for them to be continuing now and for a very very long time. How I miss that guy! 
So here are the first couple: Wild White Foxglove we happened upon on a hike up the Chetco River on the South Coast, and Wild Iris on the Cliff Hike at Cape Blanco.




My son Geoff got an adorable sheepadoodle puppy in October, named him Brewer. Geoff just had a birthday and I decided to try something I'd never done before as his gift - a pet portrait. I'm happy to say it turned out pretty darned good, looks just like him.


My sister-in-law Barb Bethel was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is in the fight of her life. I painted mini Nurse Gnomess to be with her during treatment and give her courage and strength. 


Now I'm caught up with my posts. Back to the studio and another Oregon Memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment