Thursday, September 4, 2014

PAINTING ALONG THE WAY

These are a few pieces I did recently.  I've been making a serious effort to capture our travel experiences/memories in pieces to fit our rather limited wall space in the trailer. 

This large piece is Valley of the Gods in southeast Utah near the little town of Mexican Hat.  It's one of our favorite places and simply spectacular!  The lighting when I took reference photos made the formations absolutely shimmer with vibrant color.


These ravens were well-seasoned beggars strutting their stuff in a parking lot at the Petrified Forest national park in eastern Arizona, near the towns of Winslow & Holbrook.  I titled it 'Cuervo Mendigo', Spanish for raven beggars.  The trapezoid-shape fits above our entertainment slide-out where the roof is sloped.


This little piece is watercolor on Yupo, a polypropylene surface.  I love the juicy effects, which are fairly unmanageable and tons of fun.  This is my impression of the view from our trailer while we were camped at Lost Creek State Park near Anaconda Montana.  The title is 'Lodgepole. Aspen. Granite.'

No comments:

Post a Comment