Monday, March 24, 2014

STUFF HAPPENS, PLANS CHANGE!

We had planned to spend this week in Durango CO, visiting my son Greg (who is on spring break from his doctorate studies at the University of Alabama) and my grandson Miles (who is a pizza chef & actor & is about to move to Boise Idaho).  Unfortunately, Greg tore his hamstring & felt unable to travel and have fun . . . so we extended our stay at the Cadillac Ranch in Bluff UT for another week.  However, I'm going to Durango for a couple days to have some quality time with my oldest grandson!

We've been having a great time exploring around here: Valley of the Gods, Monument Valley, Goosenecks State Park, Moki Dugway & Muley Point, Montezuma Creek Canyon, etc.  I'll be posting some pictures soon. I'm collecting 'canyons & cliffs' booty to work into a new abstract acrylic painting.

While we love it here, we're spoiled by the warmer weather farther south and will head back down to Camp Verde AZ this Saturday, stay there a couple weeks, then start migrating north with the sun.




No comments:

Post a Comment