Tuesday, March 18, 2014

MINI COLLAGE CREATIONS

We met some wonderful folks while at the Ajo Heights RV Park in Ajo Arizona, SW of Phoenix and about 40 miles north of Organ Pipe National Monument. I got such positive reactions to the acrylic/mixed media/collage paintings I did and that encouraged me to continue exploring this type of art.  I wanted to give our good new friends something to remember me/us by so I made a series of miniature pieces.  These are acrylic on 300# rough watercolor paper, with collaged painted papers, textured rice papers, shells, stones including local copper, dried dead cactus pieces, bird feathers, sand, seed pods, etc.  Many incorporate metallic pigments.  The watercolor paper was hand-torn to give rustic edging; the paper was mounted on foam-core and everything was finished with a protective coat of acrylic polymer.  These pieces make great 'RV Art' as they are tiny and light-weight.








No comments:

Post a Comment