Thursday, January 23, 2014

Catching Up!

I've been remiss in posting to my blog.  We're having a wonderful time in Ajo, Arizona -- 100 miles SW of Phoenix in the heart of the Sonoran Desert and about 40 miles north of the Lukeville crossing into Mexico.  We've done lots of exploring around here; this is the most biodiverse desert in the World and it's pretty darn amazing.  Great hiking & nice biking; Jamie's been riding in the desert some and has 2 flat tires to show for it -- I prefer to stay on asphalt so I don't get hammered to pieces ;-).  The folks who winter here in the Ajo Heights RV Park are delightful, and people passing through on their way to MX add diversity to the daily 'wine time' (which we attend rather sporadically).  The RV park is one of the nicest we've stayed in, but we still like to 'boondock' in the desert for a dose of solitude now & then.  Our recent 9 days in desert camp rewarded us with incredible sunrises and sunsets.  I captured the intense colors with watercolor on YUPO, which is a polypropylene surface -- imagine water on oil . . .  It's so fun to paint on and great to get me to loosen up and just let the paint do what it does best.  Here's a little piece I did of the desert landscape at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment