Monday, October 21, 2013

MOVIN' ON . . .

Arrived in Hurricane Utah late Sunday Oct. 20th. I already miss the SE Utah Canyon Country and am sorry to be gone from there. However, we need to spend a little time in a 'center of commerce' and get some things done, so here we are! We're in a big RV park with lots of old people. Luckily we have a spot on the edge of the park with a view of the hills out our back window & no trailers within 'pass the grey poupon' distance! 
 
Really good news is there's a fine local grocery 1/2 block away and they have wonderful fresh produce -- something we've sorely missed in the tiny little towns where we've been the past 5-6 weeks. We had a huge salad for lunch and dinner tonight is tofu with snow peas, bok choy, crimini mushrooms, sweet red pepper, fresh ginger, and bean sprouts.  I cannot wait to throw that together!
 
I finished my painting of the cliffs in Capitol Reef National Park the other day and will take photos and post soon; I'm about to start on a smaller piece from the Canadian Rockies, south of Jasper — feeling wonderful to be back at my painting after a very long dry spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment