Wednesday, October 11, 2023

So Unfair

My husband, Jamie (James) Bethel suffered a fatal heart attack Friday, September 1st, 2023. He passed very quickly, didn't suffer. There were no symptoms, no warning signs, and a recent physical found no heart problems. Jamie was only 68. As you might imagine, my heart is broken.

Jamie was my soulmate, fellow adventurer, best buddie for over 33 years; we just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. We had one helluva ride and had plans for so much more. We were not done.

 I want to publically thank all the friends who reached out to me in those first days - your loving emails are cherished. Thanks to those who recounted special memories of great times with Jamie, many before I knew him. I needed that in those first few days when I was in shock and disbelief; it helped. It warmed my heart. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


This is Jamie in his inflatable kayak on Eel Lake - our favorite Oregon Coastal lake and the last time we kayaked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment