Saturday, November 16, 2019

Color Me Home!

I finally got all my paintings installed in our new trailer. What I thought would be a fun little afternoon project turned into many hours of work. Those who know about such things will appreciate this.
First, a bunch of my paintings were done in trapezoidal shapes to match the sloped roofline in our old trailer; new trailer has a much steeper slope so those paintings had to be cut to rectangular pieces.
While I was at it, I decided everything looked better with a 1/4" black border. So I had to locate black foam core and then cut backing for 30 pieces. I also found clear acetate bags and wrapping at the art supply store in Santa Fe.

The process was mount the painting securely on the foam core, leaving 1/4" border, then wrap in clear protective acetate, then mount on the walls - no picture hooks in a trailer, double-stick foam tape seems to work best. The walls themselves had a surface that nothing seems to stick to so required some careful prep.
The final stage - actually getting them up - was fun, much like hanging a show.

These are what I see from the kitchen Island and up the stairs to the bedroom & bathroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment