Saturday, September 29, 2018

Winchester Bay Oregon

We've been on the Oregon Coast for the past couple months. We found some new places to park the rig, got in some good days kayaking on the beautiful lakes, and have done some salmon fishing in the Umpqua River estuary at Winchester Bay.

It has been a horribly slow salmon year, the few fish that are caught are about 98% wild Coho, which must be released - I think the Coho recovery program is successful but it's sure frustrating for the fishermen!

We have friends who have been fishing hours & hours over 2 months; they've caught more fish than anyone thanks to their perseverance. And lucky us: they shared some of their catches with us.

Jamie has fished quite a bit and has caught some nice ones that all had to be released. I don't fish as much, but I've really lucked out. I've hooked several that I  released and netted this lovely Coho 'keeper'.



No comments:

Post a Comment