Wednesday, July 10, 2013

In the Black Hills & Rapid City SD

Arrived in Rapid City Saturday July 6th, after a lovely drive across the state -- much on secondary roads through the heartland and farm country where all my grandparents lived when I was a kid.  We're camped in an RV park on Mt. Rushmore Road at the top of the hill just outside Rapid -- nice park that's been here forever; our spot is end-of-row and we have great views of the plains to the SE [can just make out the Bad Lands in the distance] and the city to the NE. 
The night view of  the city is quite lovely; this picture was taken from just outside our trailer.







We played 'tourist' Sunday and took a drive in the northern Black Hills through Spearfish Canyon -- one of the most beautiful drives ever!  Stopped at Roughlock Falls and got some nice photos of the place.  Funny, though.  From my youth I remember these as much HIGHER waterfalls!
This may be adequate proof I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment