Monday, September 10, 2012

McKee Summer 1

Got a good start on the final painting of my 'seasons' series for McKee Hospital in Loveland, Colorado.  This one is Summer, depicting a mountain range in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado columbine and other wildflowers, aspen & spruce trees, and a mountain pond.

After drawing the scene, particularly the columbine and the trees, I masked out areas that needed to be saved while I dropped in the sky, mountains and mid-ground meadow.  This photo shows the painting with masking fluid.


After the painting was completely dry, I removed the masking fluid.  See how the background pops out from behind the foliage in the trees?  Today I'll work on the trees, and hopefully also have time to paint the columbine in the lower left of the piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment